565 million reasons…
Last year the NHS spent approximately £569million on prescriptions for medicines for minor conditions, which could have been bought over the counter from a pharmacy, petrol station or supermarket.
Every £1million saved on prescriptions for over the counter treatments could pay for:
- 39 more community nurses;
- 270 more hip replacements;
- 66 more drug treatment courses for breast cancer;
- 1000 more drug treatment courses for Alzheimer’s;
- 1040 more cataract operations; or
- 60,000 more GP appointments (excluding admin and practice staff time)
You may ?nd that your doctor or healthcare professional will no longer give you a prescription for a medicine that you can buy over the counter for a minor condition. If you need help to take care of yourself or someone else who uses these medicines, please ask one of our team.
Click the link to take part in the Survey.